Kindergarten Roundup Screening & Registration
Dates & Times:
New Students to Nixa Schools - March 28 (8:00-3:15) & March 29 (8:00-10:15)
Current Nixa PK Students - March 29 (10:30-3:15) & March 30 (8:00-11:15)
Community Room (behind Faught Administration Center), 301 S Main Street
- The first day of school will be August 10, 2017
- Students must be five (5) years old on or before July 31, 2017, to attend kindergarten.
- There will not be another screening date for kindergarten students.
- Those interested in attending JTSD MUST fill out an Enrollment Request Form at www.nixapublicschools.net/jtsdlottery.
- You will be able to sign up for "Day in K" when you sign up to attend Kindergarten Registration.
- Select HERE to see which school my child will attend.
New Students to Nixa Public Schools
Please review the following to complete Nixa's New Student Registration Site to register your child for screening and enrollment to Kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year and to attend "A Day in K".
Step 1 - General Information
- The primary parent or legal guardian needs to complete an online pre-registration for their student(s). This may be completed at home or computers are available at the District Registration Center, 308 S Little Eagle Drive.
- Information you will need for the pre-registration process:
- Phone numbers and addresses for all parents/guardians for the student.
- Names/phone numbers for Emergency Contacts (need two contacts other than parents).
Step 2 - Complete On-Line Registration and Schedule an Appointment
- You will schedule your appointment at the end of the On-Line Registration.
Step 3 - Documentation Needed (Please bring the following documentation to your appointment)
- Picture ID of Parent (required)
- Proof of Residency-dated within the last 60 days (required)
- Utility bill or deposit receipt for gas, water or electric (receipt must show name and address) OR a Rental, Lease or Real Estate Contract
- If you live with another family and the utilities are in their name, they will need to bring their current utility bill and their driver's license and sign the Residency Verification Form. Once that is signed, they are free to go.
- Immunization Record for child (required)
- Proof of Age for the child - birth certificate, affidavit, etc. (required)
Select HERE to register New Students to Nixa for Kindergarten Registration
Current Nixa PreK Students
All parents of current Nixa PK Students that will be 5 on or before July 31, will receive an email on Monday, February 6. The email will contain the following:
- Information on which kindergarten school your child will attend and the Day in K information for that school.
- Log-In information to the Minor Update Site. You will use the Minor Update Site to sign up to attend Kindergarten Screening & Registration AND to attend A Day in K.
- If you do not receive this email, please call 417-724-3883 or email email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please call Carolyn Frazier at (417) 724-3883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org