Inman Intermediate PTA
Paddle Party (Friday, March 29th @ 6 pm)
- What is a Paddle Party? A paddle party is a super fun way to raise funds for a certain event/charity. It is a combination of an auction and a raffle
- What is auctioned or raffled off at a paddle party? Generally different vendors have been invited to the party to introduce whatever product they sell and their items are being auctioned off
- How exactly does it work? When you arrive to the paddle party you will be able to purchase paddles. During the auction rounds (usually 2 rounds), if you are interested in winning the current item being auctioned off you will hold up a paddle(s). For each paddle you hold up you will also put a quarter into a bucket that will be passed around (1 paddle = 1 quarter, 2 paddles = 2 quarters, and so on). The caller will then pick a chip from a bucket and call out the number on the chip, if you are holding up the paddle with the number called, you then win the item being auctioned.
- How do I purchase a paddle and how many paddles do I purchase? When you arrive to the paddle party, we will have a table set up before you enter the FEMA gym that you can purchase paddles from. They will be $5 for 1 paddle or $10 for 3 paddles. How many paddles you purchase is your choice. Just remember, the more paddles you have the better chance you have to winning the item(s) being auctioned off.
- Do I need to bring quarter and how many should I bring? Yes you need to bring quarters and again how many you bring is up to you. We have some pretty amazing vendors joining us, with some pretty amazing items to auction off. Past paddle parties I have attended I have taken 2-4 rolls of quarters.
- Who can come to this event? I know, it sounds like a lot of fun and you want to bring your family and friends, please feel free to do so. This makes a fun night out!!!!
If you have any further questions please feel free to shoot me a text and I will do my best to answer your questions.
Inman Intermediate PTA President