Alliance Bus Company, Inc.
Alliance Bus Co. has over 45 years of combined experience in all areas of student transportation, including management, safety, routing, defensive driving, maintenance, assertive discipline and driver training.
Before hiring a new driver, Alliance Bus Company requires the following in addition to the State's requirements:
- A minimum of 40 hrs. training, which includes both classroom and behind the wheel training.
- Pre-employment drug testing.
- Criminal history record check.
- Motor vehicle record check.
Alliance Bus Company voluntarily participates in a Random Drug and Alcohol pool for employees administered by a state approved outside agency where a percentage of employees are chosen at random. The chosen employees are required to submit to a drug and/or alcohol test within one hour of notification.
All drivers are required to attend a monthly safety meeting and additional training throughout the school year.
Everybody has a job in school bus safety!
About 22 million children ride to and from school each day in 350,000 buses. Traveling on a school bus is the safest form of transportation, but it takes the combined efforts of students, parents, drivers, and other motorists to help keep it that way.
- Leave home early enough to arrive at your bus stop on time.
- Wait for your bus in a safe place, well off the roadway.
- Enter your bus in an orderly manner and take your seat.
- Follow the instructions of your bus driver.
- Remain in your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Keep aisles clear at all times.
- Remain quiet and orderly.
- Be courteous to your bus driver and fellow passengers.
- Be alert to traffic when leaving the bus.
- Walk to your bus stop - avoid parents driving you there.
- Have children at the bus stop on time.
- Know the rules for bus riders.
- Support the driver if behavior problems occur.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Check the bus before each trip.
- Drive safely at all times.
- Obey all laws.
- Know the bus law and obey it.
- Report illegal school bus driving.