Child Developement, Care and Guidance I - 930 (Articulate - Grades 11 & 12 only)
Grade Level: 9-12 No. Semesters: 2
Fee: None Credit: 1-Practical Arts
This course is for students of today who are planning for tomorrow. Topics discussed: readiness for parenthood, developmental changes in families; the value of play, family concerns and crisis; developing healthy relationships and decision-making skills. The primary focus of Child Development I is on pregnancy, prenatal development, birth, the first year of life and parenting practices. Adoption of the "Real Care" electronic baby and wearing the "Empathy Belly" are required simulations for this course.
Students who have completed Parenting & Child Develpment may be eligible for college credit through OTC. To qualify for articulated credits, the student will need to do the following:
- Maintain an overall high school GPA of 2.0 (C) or higher and a 3.0 (B) or higher in class wanting to articulate.
- Present the Certificate of Articulated Credit to an OTC advisor during enrollment.
- Send an official High School Transcript to the OTC Admissions Office upon graduation from high school. This must be on file before credits can be issued.
- Enroll @ OTC within two years of high school graduation.
- For Articulation: Parenting & Child Development can be taken grades 9-12. Advanced Child Development must be as a junior or senior.