Child Developement, Care and Guidance II - 935 (Articulate - Grades 11 & 12 only)
Grade Level: 10-12 No. Semesters: 2
Fee: None Credit: 1-Practical Arts
Prerequisites: “C” or above in Parenting & Child Development & teacher permission
An instructional program that provides advanced study in child development and guidance including the physical, social, and intellectual development of children. Actual experience in supervising children provides the opportunity to improve parenting skills, explore careers related to child development, and general employment skills. This is a year-long class. Seniors graduating at semester will not qualify for articulation.
Students who have completed Parenting & Child Development may be eligible for college credit through OTC. To qualify for articulated credits, the student will need to do the following:
- Maintain an overall high school GPA of 2.0 (C) or higher and a 3.0 (B) or higher in class wanting to articulate.
- Present the Certificate of Articulated Credit to an OTC advisor during enrollment.
- Send an official High School Transcript to the OTC Admissions Office upon graduation from high school. This must be on file before credits can be issued.
- Enroll @ OTC within two years of high school graduation.
- For Articulation: Parenting & Child Development can be taken grades 9-12. Advanced Child Development must be as a junior or senior.
**Students who plan to drive must use their own transportation and provide copies of license and insurance on the first day of the semester. Students may not ride with others. No exceptions. If students are unable to drive, accommodations to walk to Mathews Elementary may be arranged.