Nixa High School Summer School 2023
NIXA HIGH SCHOOL
Summer School is June 1-27, 2023
Summer School Current Announcements:
- High school students are not provided district bussing or transportation during summer school.
- SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED - IF YOUR STUDENT NEEDS CREDIT RECOVERY, PLEASE CONTACT JENNIFER GIBSON AT 417-724-3503 OR JENNIFERGIBSON@NIXASCHOOLS.NET.
- ALL COMMUNICATION WILL GO THROUGH STUDENT E-MAIL AND CANVAS.
- SCHEDULES WILL BE SENT TO YOUR STUDENT EMAIL BEFORE SUMMER SCHOOL STARTS.
Summer School Registration Information:
Summer school will be seated from June 1-27, 2023. Courses are offered in blocks and ½ credit may be earned per block. 1st block will be from 7:30 am to 10:45 am and 2nd block will be from 11:05 am to 2:20 pm. To receive credit and remain enrolled in summer school, students may only miss three classes per block (two for driver’s education). Students may enroll in no more than one credit worth of classes. If you have any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer School Course Descriptions and Offerings are:
Parents, Please Read:The stock PowerSchool app (pic below), will NOT work to be able to get to the link to register for summer school!(This app will NOT WORK!)You MUST log in to the portal through the NPS app OR just log in through the URL on their computer.Here is the link for PowerSchool instructions (in English, Russian and Spanish) and tutorial information: www.nixapublicschools.net/
- Click here for Summer School 2023 Enrollment form.
Classes fill fast; once they are filled they will no longer show as an option!
For Launch Information, please contact Mr. Todd Mincks - email@example.com .
TIMES, TRANSPORTATION, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
Summer school front door opens at 7 AM and breakfast starts at 7:15
- 1st block is 7:30 - 10:45
- 2nd block is 11:05 - 2:20
- Last day (June 27) 1st block is 7:30-9:00 and 2nd block is 9:00- 10:30
- No transportation is provided during summer school, and students are expected to be picked up directly after their session at the front entrance.
- All drop-off and pick-up will be at the school's main entrance. All other doors will be locked.
SCHEDULE PICK-UP, LUNCH, CHROMEBOOK, AND VIRTUAL CLASSES
- Your schedule including teacher and room number will be sent to your school email before Summer School starts; it can also be given to you upon arriving the first day of summer school.
- Lunch is available to all students and will be between the first and second session of summer school at 10:45-11:05
- Remember to bring your charged Chromebook for your seated classes.
- Virtual classes will not meet in person the first day of school but will need to log in, check your student email, and Canvas page for information. (Drivers Ed will meet the first day to set driving times)
- Hybrid classes will meet the first day
*Course offerings are based on student interest. Courses without the prerequisite number of students enrolled will not be offered in summer school.