Nixa High School Summer School 2022
Summer School Current Announcements:
- High school students are not provided district bussing or transportation during summer school.
- SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION GOES UNTIL MAY 20. REGISTER NOW AS CLASSES ARE FILLING FAST!
- ALL COMMUNICATION WILL GO THROUGH STUDENT E-MAIL AND CANVAS
- SCHEDULES WILL BE SENT TO YOUR STUDENT EMAIL ON MAY 27TH!
Summer School Registration Information:
Summer school will be seated from May 31 - June 24, 2022. Courses are offered in blocks and ½ credit may be earned per block. 1st block will be from 7:30 am to 10:45 am and 2nd block will be from 11:05 am to 2:20 pm. To receive credit and remain enrolled in summer school, students may only miss three classes per block (two for driver’s education). Students may enroll in no more than one credit worth of classes. If you have any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer School Course Descriptions and Offerings are:
Click here for NHS Summer School 2022 Course Descriptions - Incoming Freshman
Click here for NHS Summer School 2022 Course Descriptions - 10th-12th Grade
- Summer School Policies
Nixa Virtual Academy Summer Contract. Students enrolled in virtual or hybrid courses must complete this contract.
- Click here for Summer School 2022 Enrollment form. The form should be accessible.
CLASSES THAT ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Classes are filling fast; once they are filled they will no longer show as an option!
For Launch Information, please contact Mr. Todd Mincks - email@example.com .
TIMES, TRANSPORTATION, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
Summer school front door opens at 7 AM and breakfast starts at 7:15
- 1st block is 7:30 - 10:45
- 2nd block is 11:05 - 2:20
- Last day (June 25) 1st block is 7:30-9:00 and 2nd block is 9:00- 10:30
- No transportation is provided during summer school, and students are expected to be picked up directly after their session at the front entrance.
- All drop-off and pick-up will be at the school's main entrance. All other doors will be locked.
SCHEDULE PICK-UP, LUNCH, CHROMEBOOK, AND VIRTUAL CLASSES
- Your schedule including teacher and room number will be sent to your email May 27th; it can also be given to you upon arriving the first day of summer school.
- Lunch is available to all students and will be between the first and second session of summer school at 10:45-11:05
- Remember to bring your charged Chromebook for your seated classes.
- Virtual classes will not meet in person the first day of school but will need to log in, check your student email, and Canvas page for information. (Drivers Ed will meet the first day to set driving times)
- Hybrid classes will meet the first day
*Course offerings are based on student interest. Courses without the prerequisite number of students enrolled will not be offered in summer school.