PERSONAL FINANCE - 331H (Hybrid - Articulate Grades 11 and 12 only)
Grade Level: 11-12 No. Semesters: 1
Fee: None Credit: ½-Finance
This class will be taught as a hybrid class. Students will formally meet on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be gap days where students work independently in the classroom or in the library. Students will be required to check in with the instructor prior to the tardy bell on the gap days. The instructor reserves the right to require a student to stay in the clasroom on a gap day if he or she is falling behind or needs to make up class work. Students will meet with the teacher every day for the first week of school to cover all class requirements and expectations.
The curriculum consists of four major categories: income, money management, spending and credit, and saving and investing. Students will participate in a state-wide stock market game to learn about investments. Required for graduation.
ARTICULATION: For high school juniors or seniors to earn 3 hours of college credit with OTC, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (C) or higher
- Receive a 3.0 (B) or higher in the articulated class
- Successfully complete 1 semester at OTC
- Enroll at OTC within two years of high school graduation
- Then college credit will be granted for the articulated class at NO COST (3 hours)