Classes and Costs (School day schedule, Click Here)
ECSE – Early Childhood Special Education, no cost
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) is a program designed to address the developmental learning needs of children ages 3-5. Children who qualify for center based ECSE services do not need to be toilet trained to attend. Certificated staff work closely with families and community resources to enhance the social/emotional, physical, learning, and communication development of young children. Educational plans are developed and tailored to each child as an individual and specially designed services are provided accordingly at no cost to parents. We are proud of our success in providing services for ECSE students with their typically developing peers involved in our Role Model program.
Role Model Program – no cost
The Role Model Preschool Program is specifically part of the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) program. The Role Model program serves preschool children with disabilities, by providing typically developing children an opportunity to interact with same-age peers who are receiving specialized instruction in a developmentally appropriate preschool classroom. Role model students provide positive peer-interactions; demonstrate play skills, and model appropriate speech/language and behavior for children with special needs. Role models are selected based on the specific needs of the classroom and not on a first come, first, serve basis.
Requirements for Role Model Students:
- Toilet trained
- Functioning on or above age level in all developmental areas; personal-social, adaptive, cognitive, fine motor, gross motor, expressive language, and receptive language.
- Should not display any behaviors that would require staff to divert attention on a regular basis.
- Participate in the classroom routine with minimal prompting from staff.
- Preschool eligible
Requirements for Parent(s) of Role Model Students:
- Keep all information that pertains to the students enrolled in the ECSE program and their families, CONFIDENTIAL.
- Provide transportation to and from school.
- Complete Nixa School District enrollment
- Commit to having your child attend the program when it's in session
Title One Program – no cost
The Title Program is a federal funded program that provides early educational intervention to children that qualify based on the scores they received on the DIAL screening. This program is NOT income based and is also not special education. Title students learn from experiences that promote development in speech and language, decision making, and problem-solving skills. This program is designed to prepare children for successful school entry.
Tuition Program – see costs below
*costs are subject to change, current 2018-2019 costs are: