Nixa Offers Free On-Site Clinics to Nixa Students, Staff, and Faculty
Nixa now offers on-site clinics so that students, staff, and faculty can see a medical professional for basic medical needs or urgent care needs during the school day. The clinics will have set hours and locations in the district before and after school and will also travel throughout the district to buildings during the school day. If you can’t be seen at your building, you can always meet the clinic’s staff at another building.
How do I schedule?
The clinics will be open during the regular school year. Summer hours will be announced at a later time as we determine that schedule.
Please note: the clinic cannot see you for something that you have already been to a previous doctor or clinic for in the past 7 days. They will ask you to follow-up with that medical provider or your primary care physician.
The patient navigators will be in the district between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. during the school year. For June they are in the district from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To schedule during school hours, contact your child’s nurse to initiate the referral. You will need to schedule an appointment and not just show up. If it is before or after school, you can schedule directly by emailing Virtualvisitsfirstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child is going to be seen ever, they need a release form on file. Download, fill out, and return the flyer to Virtualvisitsemail@example.com.
Minor Consent Flyer PDF
Who Can Use the Clinics?
All Nixa students have access to clinics. You will be responsible for any co-pay or clinic fees. If you are unable to afford the doctor’s visit, please contact your child’s nurse.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will children be counted absent when accessing the on-site clinic? No, it will be treated as a nurse visit and not an absence since most visits take about 15-20 minutes.
- Does it matter what health insurance I have? No. You will be able to access this service no matter what health plan you have. They will just run it through your insurance and you will be responsible for any fees.
- Will they go to the school to evaluate people? Yes, or you can meet them at a different location if they are unable to.
- Would we need to be there with the children? You can log-in to see the visit so you don't have to be there in person since you can join the visit via video chat.
- What ages can be seen? Staff children ages 2 to 18 will have access to this clinic.
- Will flu tests be offered? Not usually. If the provider believes it is the flu or a virus, the flu test doesn't usually affect the treatment plan.